Thursday, March 12, 2009

Library Haul and a Date with a Rat...

It's spring break here and you know what that means... the kids are home driving me crazy! I've been feeling a little guilty since we didn't travel anywhere this year but stayed home instead. So I offered to take the kids to Chuck E. Cheese. Yes, I actually said, "Who wants to go to Chuck E. Cheese? " It was like I was possessed! The boys were all for going and wanted to know when we were leaving. Teenage daughter had a look of horror on her face. I could have made her go but being the cool mom that I sometimes am, I let her stay home. : )

Before lunching with the famous rat we made a stop at the city library. (Did you really think this post wouldn't be book related?) I had two holds to pick up, Lora Leigh's Only Pleasure and Sydney Croft's Unleashing the Storm. I also wanted to see what new releases they had. While the boys were over in the children's section checking out the latest Captain Underpants and Star Wars books I found a few more books to take home.

*Zack by Cheyenne McCray
*The Courtesan's Wager by Claudia Dane
*Shattered by JoAnn Ross
*Darkness Revealed by Alexandra Ivy
*Crash Into Me by Jill Sorenson

All are new authors to me except for Alexandra Ivy. I've read the first three books in this series. The McCray and Dane books I liked the cover and the blurb. JoAnn Ross I've heard goods things about her writing and liked the blurb. And Jill Sorenson's is about surfing, the FBI and takes place in San Diego, La Jolla specifically. I miss San Diego bunches! Lived there for 15 years and even though we still go back in the summer it's just not the same.

I've got the first Sydney Croft book and the Lora Leigh I think have the first 3 or 4 books in this series but haven't read them yet. Don't know when I'll get to these since I still have quite a few already in my TBR pile.

The Chuck E. Cheese experience wasn't too bad. Not very crowded, like on the weekends *shudders*. And I got some reading done. The county library is holding Bone Crossed for me but I've got to get Iron Kissed read first. It was interesting to read while listening to the various kids songs playing (loudly) in the background. Not exactly my music of choice but I was still able to get into Mercy's book. All in all a pretty good day. The boys were good and had a ton of fun. They did get cotton candy and forgot to share with me. :( My favorite "fair foods" are cotton candy and funnel cakes. Love those to pieces. I'm always tempted to get one of those funnel cake mix packs at Christmas. Maybe this year.

Hope everyone has a fantastic reading weekend. I plan to get lots of reading done and some reviews written this weekend along with the usual cleaning, errands and hanging with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment