Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Coming Soon to a Bookstore Near You...

September is almost over but there are still a few books I'm looking forward to getting this month.

Seduce Me at Sunrise by Lisa Kleypas is the second book in the Hathaway series. *The first book is Mine Til Midnight. *

Synopsis (from Amazon):

Kev Merripen has longed for the beautiful, well-bred Winnifred Hathaway ever since her family rescued him from the brink of death when he was just a boy. But this handsome Gypsy is a man of mysterious origins—and he fears that the darkness of his past could crush delicate, luminous Win. So Kev refuses to submit to temptation…and before long Win is torn from him by a devastating twist of fate.

Then, Win returns to England…only to find that Kev has hardened into a man who will deny love at all costs. Meantime, an attractive, seductive suitor has set his sights on Win. It’s now or never for Kev to make his move. But first, he must confront a dangerous secret about his destiny—or risk losing the only woman he has lived for…

I still need to read Mine Til Midnight. I'm terribly behind in my historicals. Long ago that's almost all I read then Paranormals and Urban Fantasy took over my reading life. I definitely need to make an effort to read more historicals ~ I miss them.


Mr. Cavendish, I Presume by Julia Quinn is the second book in the
Two Dukes of Wyndham two book set. * The Lost Duke of Wyndham is the first book*

Synopsis (from JQ's website):

There went the bride...

Amelia Willoughby has been engaged to the Duke of Wyndham for as long as she can remember. Literally. A mere six months old when the contracts were signed, she has spent the rest of her life waiting. And waiting. And waiting...for Thomas Cavendish, the oh-so-lofty duke, to finally get around to marrying her. But as she watches him from afar, she has a sneaking suspicion that he never thinks about her at all...

It's true. He doesn't. Thomas rather likes having a fiancé—all the better to keep the husband-hunters at bay—and he does intend to marry her...eventually. But just when he begins to realize that his bride might be something more than convenient, Thomas’s world is rocked by the arrival of his long-lost cousin, who may or may not be the true Duke of Wyndham. And if Thomas is not the duke, then he’s not engaged to Amelia. Which is the cruelest joke of all, because this arrogant and illustrious duke has made the mistake of falling in love...with his own fiancé.

From Julia Quinn's website on her FAQ section she says that "These two books are heavily intertwined, and in fact, I'm writing them simultaneously" with regards to The Lost Duke of Wyndham and Mr. Cavendish, I Presume. So it sounds like it would be a good idea to read TLDoW first. I've got it waiting patiently in my TBR pile. I used to love to read JQ's books then...well, see my previous comment above about my reading historicals or lack of.


King of Sword and Sky by C. L. Wilson, third book in the Tairen Soul series. *Book one ~ Lord of the Fading Lands, book two ~ Lady of Light and Shadows*

Synopsis (from C. L. Wilson's website):

Returning to the Fading Lands with his Celierian truemate, Rain discovers a dissension among the most powerful members of his own council. As the Eld plot their next deadly strike, Ellysetta struggles to master her powerful magic and discover how to save the tairen, while Rain confronts open challenge to his rule and prepares to lead the Fey army to war.

I feel like I've been waiting forever for this book. Okay, it's only been a little less than a year but that's like forever in "a book you're dying to read" years. The first two books in this series were absolutely wonderful. Wilson is a master at world building and character development.

If you would like to read an early review of King of Sword and Sky Kmont at Lurv à la Mode wrote a wonderful review (as always).

All three books have a release date of September 30.

2 comments:

  1. I just finished Seduce Me At Sunrise and I'm working on writing up my thoughts on it. One thing I mention that although I don't think you have to have read Mine Till Midnight to enjoy SMAS, it helps to understand Win and Merripen's background. Also the hero/heroine of MTM play a large role in SMAS. I will tell you this though - although I enjoyed MTM, it wasn't one of my favourites of Lisa Kleypas - but SMAS BLEW. ME. AWAY. TOTALLY. AND. COMPLETELY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristie you're making me want this book sooo bad. Lisa Kleypas is one of my all time favorites.

    No luck finding any of these today. I'll try again this weekend.

    ReplyDelete