Thursday, June 3, 2010

I've Been Kidnapped By A Giant Mouse!

I couldn't believe it was really happening but sure enough a giant mouse wearing goofy clothing won't leave me alone. Lately, he's everywhere I go!


Some of you may have noticed that I've been a bit scarce this week. :) Well Mickey is the reason. We hit the road and are at Disneyland. Can I just say, I am so ready to go home? It's a bunch of fun but man is it tiring! If we could move Tomorrowland on the other side of the park next to New Orleans Square we'd be all set. If I never have to set foot in Fantasyland, I'll be happy.

The drive was okay except for terrible traffic in the Palm Springs area. Hope it's not like that on the way home. The food has been typical park food. We did get cotton candy which I love but have learned to eat in moderation. :D There are these giant turkey legs that everyone seems to be eating. It's weird seeing people walking around eating these huge turkey legs. I'm not the least tempted to try them. My favorite treat is funnel cakes which I still have to get. And the corn on the cob looks good but I'd have to brush my teeth right after eating it. Today we ate at Rainforest Cafe which is always fun. I had a yummy turkey wrap which I'm going to try to make when I get home.

Youngest had a upset stomach yesterday and was always on the lookout for the bathrooms. He likes going on the big rides but gets nervous. He was better today and went on Space Mountain 5 xs in a row! Tonight he was upset at bedtime because he doesn't want to go home, we only have one more day. I felt so sorry for him but explained that we can't stay here forever. He said, "but there's so much more to do here than at home." LOL

On the reading front, not much going on except for flying through Michelle Maddox's Countdown. Thanks Jill for the great review! It's a quick read. Different but in a very good way! Definitely recommend. :)

I was surprised at the few pictures I've taken. I'll have to be sure to take more tomorrow. And it's already June so my June reads is going to be really late! And... I missed a couple of challenge posts. Sorry!

Hope you all are having a great week!

9 comments:

  1. I wondered where you had gotten to *g* Glad your disappearance is 'cause you are having a grand time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristie ~ it's great but exhausting. We're about to head back to the park for the fireworks. Then home tomorrow. YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "But there's so much more to do here than at home."

    Best quote! LOL, and so true, that's how I feel when I have to leave a fun vacation spot. Safe travels :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scorpio ~ "Out of the mouths of babes". :) I personally could have done with a little less to do and a bit more down time but it was a blast! We made it home safely with no mishaps, which is always a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great time :) It's nice to have a family vacation, enjoy them while you still can :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. nath ~ hey, did you get my email complaining about my feet hurting? LOL I still don't think they've fully recovered. It was loads of fun but I'd like our next vacation to be a bit slower and relaxing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My feet hurt just thinking about Disney! LOL
    So glad you and your family had such a good time together!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, I did! Sorry I didn't reply, but figured you wouldn't have much access to your emails... and then, well yeah, laziness ^_^;

    I can imagine it'll take you a while to recover. And I know what you mean about relaxing vacation :) Totally agree with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christine ~ I don’t know if there is a shoe made that can withstand Disney. LOL Thankfully my feet have recovered.

    Nath ~ LOL totally get the laziness. It affects me too. :)

    ReplyDelete