Thursday, August 19, 2010

Cover Love: Rob Thurman's Blackout



I was alone, and I was lost. I didn’t know where I was; I didn’t know who I was. It doesn’t get more lost than that. Knowing what I knew and not knowing anything else at all, why would I want to be in the darkness where monsters hide? Because killers hide there, too…

Half-human Cal Leandros has always walked a bloody line between keeping his mortal soul free and clear (sort of) and unleashing the horror of his otherworldly heritage. The one thing that’s always saved him is the memory of his brother, Niko, his friends, and those he loves.

Until now.

Cal wakes up on a beach littered with the recently slaughtered remains of a variety of hideous creatures that were obviously looking for trouble. The fact that he was the one doing the slaughtering doesn’t bother him. The fact that he feels like a natural-born killer doesn’t either. What bothers him is that Cal doesn’t remember Cal anymore…

And he’s not sure he cares.


Another Chris McGrath cover of goodness. Seriously love his work! And that blurb - oh, no. What's Cal without Niko? It's like Sam without Dean. Not good at all. We've still got another seven months to go. Blackout release is set for March 2011. Plenty of time for some re-reading of those fabulous Leandros brothers. :)

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh, the Monster has been unleashed! I can't wait for this book, Leslie... you know I'm loving Cal's darkness. Can't wait! Can't wait!

    PS: Love the cover too. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hils ~ You said it! How will Cal come back from this? Maybe George will be in Blackout? Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover is great, but the blurb... I'm not sure I'm in... I don't know, unlike you two, I don't like Cal's darkness LOL.a

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nath ~ Oh, I'm ready to explore Cal's dark side - as long as Niko and Robin are there to bring him back. :)

    ReplyDelete