Sunday, July 17, 2011
I've been catching up on Nalini Singh's Guild Hunter series by listening to the audio books for Archangel's Kiss and Archangel's Consort. In doing so, I also checked out Ms. Singh's website for more info and saw the cute chibis above. The artist has chosen to remain anonymous but whoever the artists is, let me just say they are adorable and thank you for sharing with Nalini's fans. :) Can you guys tell who's who?
The June Reads...
1. Across the Universe ~ Beth Revis/YA/SCIFI/A-
2. Archangel's Kiss ~ Nalini Singh/PNR/A-
3. Opposite of Invisible ~ Liz Gallagher/YA/B
4. Sudden Death ~ Allison Brennan/RS/C
Across the Universe is very good. It's scifi with a bit of romance but mostly it's an emotional read with an interesting female lead.
Archangel's Kiss ~ I'm so glad I got back into this series! The audio books are very good. Justine Eyre is the narrator and she does an amazing job, giving all the characters distinct voices.
Opposite of Invisible was a sweet, short look at young love and how confusing it can be.
Sudden Death was okay. Not exactly memorable.
1. When Beauty Tamed the Beast ~ Eloisa James/Historical/A+
2. Where She Went ~ Gayle Forman/YA/A
3. Yours to Keep ~ Shannon Stacey/Contemporary/A
4. Magic Slays ~ Ilona Andrews/UF/A-
5. Exclusively Yours ~ Shannon Stacey/Contemporary/A-
6. Face of Danger ~ Roxanne St. Claire/RS/A-
7. Truth & Consequences ~ Linda Winfree/RS/A-
8. Cover Me ~ Catherine Mann/RS/B+
9. Undeniably Yours ~ Shannon Stacey/Contemporary/B+
10. Atlantis Redeemed ~ Alyssa Day/PNR/B
11. Entwined ~ Elisabeth Naughton/PNR/B
12. Unforgivable ~ Laura Griffin/RS/Review to follow
13. The Heir ~ Grace Burrowes/Historical/Review to follow
Contemporary ~ 3
Historical ~ 2
Paranormal Romance ~ 2
Romantic Suspense ~ 4
Urban Fantasy ~ 1
Young Adult ~ 1
Print ~ 7
E-book ~ 6
I'd say a very good month. Not one dud in the bunch! So many of these are either authors I've enjoyed in the past or recommends from the blogverse. I would say the standouts are the Eloisa James (Love House!) and the Shannon Stacey series. Highly recommended both authors.
Question about ratings ~ For a long time, I've been rating books using alpha ratings (see right sidebar) but it doesn't easily transfer to Goodreads and Amazon. (Really wish they would allow 1/2 stars). So I'm thinking of switching to numbers, maybe that would be easier. What do you all prefer?