Sunday, September 18, 2011
I don't know where August went. It was here, then gone in a blink. Hot. Busy. Hot. Busy. That seemed to be the theme for August. Good time to stay inside and read.
Those are solar flares in the picture above. I think I can say I know how it feels. Surface of the sun - Phoenix, Arizona. Not much difference in August.
1. Attachments: A Novel/Rainbow Rowell/Contemporary/A-
2. Shift/Jeri Smith-Ready/YA/A-
3. Chasing Perfect/Susan Mallery/Contemporary/C
4. Almost Perfect/Susan Mallery/Comtemporary/C+
5. Delicious/Susan Mallery/Comtemporary/C+
6. Retribution/Sherrilyn Kenyon/PNR/C
As you can see, I went on a Susan Mallery binge which I've continued into September. I like certain parts of her stories but so far none have blown me away. The Kenyon was simply okay. I kept having a sense of deja vue. It felt like it was the same basic plot as the last few, only with the names changed.
1. Summer at Seaside Cover/Jacquie D'Alessandro/Contemporary/A
2. Kiss of Snow/Nalini Singh/PNR/A
3. Tempted/Elisabeth Naughton/PNR/A
4. Deeper than Midnight/Lara Adrian/PNR/B+
5. Good Girls Don't/Victoria Dahl/Contemporary/B+
6. Making Waves/Tawna Fenske/Contemporary/B+
7. Summer's Crossing/Julie Kagawa/YA Fantasy/B+
8. No Proper Lady/Isabel Cooper/Time Travel/B
9. Hexed/Kevin Hearne/UF/B-
10. Deadline/Mira Grant/Dystopian/C
11. Midnight Man/Lisa Marie Rice/RS/C
Contemporary ~ 3
Dystopian ~ 1
Romantic Suspense ~ 1
Time Travel ~ 1
Urban Fantasy ~ 1
YA ~ 1
Print ~ 9
E-Book ~ 1
Well, I'm not sure how it happened, but I managed to review all the print/e-books I read in August. The fact that it's already mid September might have something to do with it. LOL That's okay, I'll take it. :) I've been trying to write the reviews within a day or so of finishing the book but that doesn't always happened. When it does, it seems like the writing comes quicker. Always a plus!
How's September looking for everyone? Good I hope!