Friday, August 12, 2016

The Girl With All The Gifts

I read the book, now I want to see the movie. Here's the trailer.





The book is one that sticks with you long after you've finished. It is fantastically creepy and still has this wonderful story inside the creepiness. It's the story of the relationship between Melanie, the little girl and her teacher, Ms. Justineau. There were plenty of scenes that had my heart racing! I only wish I had reviewed it. I believe it's classified as horror, which I usually don't read but it came recommended so I decided to try it. So glad I did! It is tough reading at times as you might expect if you watched the trailer. Kids feature prominently in the plot and they are not always treated well.

Here's a brilliant review Hils wrote. It makes me want to re-read The Girl With All the Gifts. Even if you don't like horror, think of this as an often terrifying survivalist story and give it a try.

Scheduled release - September 23, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment