It's that time of year again. A fresh start with a new year. But before I start on the great books waiting for my in 2012, I want to recap my favorites of 2011. It wasn't easy to get the list down to the proverbial 10 so I decide to go for 20 and even that wasn't easy. The books that made the list are the ones I not only enjoyed but left a lasting impression on me. Links are to my reviews.
Favorites of 2011 in No Particular Order ~
1. The Greyfriar by Susan and Clay Griffiths ~ The Griffiths are new authors who blew me away with their steampunk vampire novel. Yes, steampunk vampires.
2. You Belong to Me by Karen Rose ~ Ms. Rose is one of my favorite authors (thanks Nath!) and she can always be counted on to deliver a well written romantic suspense.
3. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater ~ Different from her Wolves trilogy but so very, very good. No matter what she writes, Stiefvater delivers strong emotions and well developed characters.
4. Snapped by Laura Griffin ~ Love, love, love this romantic suspense series from Ms. Griffin. It continues to get better with each book.
5. The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa ~ Simply amazing young adult fantasy series. This installment took a different turn with the POV of the hero but it still delivered all the action, adventure and emotional punch Kagawa is becoming known for.
6. A Lot Like Love by Julie James ~ I've said before, I'm not fond of lawyer protagonists except for Ms. James' lawyers. This time, no lawyers but a hero and heroine I couldn't help but cheer on. Can't wait for About That Night!
7. Head Over Heels by Jill Shalvis ~ If you know me, you know I love Jill Shalvis. Will even admit to being a fangirl. (Not something I do very often.) I read 6 books by Ms. Shalvis in 2011 with Head Over Heels my favorite.
8. Tempted by Elisabeth Naughton ~ Favorite hero and heroine in this series! A wild adventure with equally wild and emotional love scenes.
9. Heartbreak Creek by Kaki Warner ~ Mail order bride and Kaki Warner for the win! Warner worked her magic again with this new series.
10. Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews ~ This series continues to grow and get better and better. If you love UF, this is one of the best!
11. When Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James ~ What a lovely, funny romance! Completely enjoyed Ms. James take on one of my favorite fairy tales.
12. Breaking Point by Pamela Clare ~ Ms. Clare is a wonder. She writes romantic suspense and historical romances with exceptional talent.
13. One Was a Soldier by Julia Spencer-Fleming ~ Oh, if you haven't started this series, please do! Love this small town mystery series with the very unique lead characters - Reverend Clare Fergusson and Chief of Police Russ Van Alstyne.
14. Notorious Pleasures by Elizabeth Hoyt ~ Ms. Hoyt is one of my favorite authors for a reason - I can count on her to tell me a wonderful story.
15. Blackout by Rob Thurman ~ Hands down one of the best Urban Fantasy series. Love Cal, Niko and Rob. These guys never fail to keep me coming back for more.
16. Pleasures of a Notorious Gentleman by Lorraine Heath ~ Such strong emotions in this beautifully written romance. Still can't believe how much I ended up loving the hero!
17. Demon from the Dark by Kresley Cole ~ I shifted away from this series for a while. Getting back into it I discover one of my favorite heroes - Malkom Slaine!
18. Hot Zone by Catherine Mann ~ This book took me on an adventure so unexpected I couldn't help but enjoy the ride. I need to explore Ms. Mann's back list for more gems!
19. A Night to Surrender by Tessa Dare ~ So happy to have finally read something from this author. And the first time was a hit! Definitely a historical romance series I would recommend.
20. Scandalous Desires by Elizabeth Hoyt ~ Do pirates ever go out of style? Not if Ms. Hoyt is writing about them!
And there's the top 20 of 2011. There were plenty of other fabulous reads last year, I could easily list a top 50. Here's hoping 2012 turns out to be just as amazing!