Saturday, October 31, 2009

Ninjas, Zelda and Candy... Oh, my!

Ah, another success Halloween, almost over. Everyone is fast asleep and the house is quiet again. I'm kicking back with a nice cold beer. Don't drink beer very often, not many brands that I like. But I got lucky and Smithwick's, the kind I like, was on sale this week, so I indulged. :)

We also had some yummy pumpkin seeds thanks to Christine at The happily ever after. The cinnamon pumpkin seeds were delicious! The only problem... not enough seeds. LOL I don't think I even got a full cup out of the one pumpkin. They were gone nearly as fast as I could get them out of the oven. LOL I'm tempted to get the pumpkins seeds at Sprouts Market and try it with them even though they're already roasted.

This year I took the boys out trick-or-treating and dh stayed home to hand out candy. A couple of things I realized - 1. Parents end up carrying accessories. In my case I ended up with two swords. I just hope my shorts and flip-flops didn't detract from my badass look. :) 2. I need new flip-flops. My feet are killing me! The bottoms feel like they are on fire. I've put a ton of lotion on them but they still hurt. : (

The costumes were a big hit. The boys were thrilled and while not everyone knew who Ryan was, we had one Peter Pan and two Robin Hood guesses, most people at least knew he was from the Zelda video games. Let me just say that it will be a loooong time before I make another shield. LOL It was very time consuming! Abby went to a friends house dressed as an anime character. I have no idea who she was. LOL

Here are Ninja Dude Nick (that's what he called himself) and Link (Ryan) ~






If you participated in Halloween festivities, I hope you had a great time and got the bejesus scared out of you!

9 comments:

  1. Awww, they look so cute!! and you did a great job with Link's costume!! Very impressive considering you didn't sew!! :D Love the shield!! :D Did you or the kids make it?

    Seems like you had a great time :D by the way, how hot is it where you live? (Short and flip-flops? lucky you! :P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks nath! I did the shield - everything had to be cut with an exacto knife so way too dangerous for the boys.

    I'm in Phoenix, AZ. It was in the 70s last night. Beautiful outside - perfect night for trick-or-treating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous, Canada sucks, you get to trick-or-treating in flip-flops while I freeze my butt off handing out candy to kids in coats.
    All the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simone ~ it's beautiful here now but summertime is terribly hot. I'm sure I would rather be in Canada during the summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Leslie, they're adorable! I'm so glad you ALL had a wonderful time and great weather.

    We had a rainy, cool day. :( But you know kids they don't care, lol! Our Camille decided to be a SWAT female officer and she had a ball. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the costumes! It's obvious your boys loved them, too with the way they are posing. I love it!

    So glad you tried the pumpkin seeds and that you guys liked them! They're so yummy right out of the oven, aren't they?

    Trick-or-treating was kind of beat for us this year. My youngest got sick before we ever made it out and by the time my teen and her friends got together it was raining pretty hard. Oh well. We ( I ) don't need all that candy laying around anyway.

    Glad you guys had fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hils ~ they do have their adorable moments! LOL

    I’ll bet Camille looked so cute. That’s cool that she picked a SWAT officer. Something different, that’s for sure. :)

    Christine ~ They were so anxious to go out, I had to remind them to wait until sunset. LOL And the pumpkin seeds smelled so good too. Excellent idea. Thanks!

    I hope your youngest is feeling better, that stinks that she was sick on Halloween. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, these pictures are so cute!! I love how serious they are. Sounds like you had a fun time!

    I'm so impressed, too, that you tried Christine's pumpkin seeds! So adventurous! You with your badass swords!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CJ ~ They're showing their kick-butt faces. LOL

    The pumpkins seeds were sooo good!

    My swords - LOL - look out Xena!

    ReplyDelete