Sunday, January 24, 2010

Happy 101 Award...


The wonderful and talented Christine from The Happily Ever After gave me the sweetest of sweet awards. You probably know Christine but if you don't I'll tell you a little about her. She's very kind and always has something nice to say. She has great taste in books, posts some really good, healthy recipes with great pics and is a bit obsessed with running. ; )

The rules for the Happy 101 Award are:

Copy the award image into a post.
List 10 things that make you happy.
Tag 10 bloggers who brighten your day.
Put in a link to their blogs.
Notify the award receivers.
Recipients should link back to the sender’s blog.

Here are my ten:

1. My family ~ they drive me crazy at times but they also give me infinite amounts of joy.

2. My home ~ it's mine and my families' haven.

3. Friends ~ Both online and RL. When I'm having a bad day I know I can count on them to bring me up and make me smile. :)

4. Reading ~ of course!

5. Shopping ~ for books! I love hunting down old favorites and discovering new ones.

6. Chocolate ~ finding that last Reese's cup in the freezer when I'm craving chocolate = priceless.

7. Sleeping In ~ I'm a night owl so when the weekend comes and I get to sleep in, that makes me very happy!

8. Organizing ~ I love to sort and catalogue. Seeing everything neat and organized gives me a sense of accomplishment.

9. Kicking butt at Spiderman: Friend or Foe ~ this is one video game that I love playing with my 8 year old, as long as I get to be Spiderman. :)

10. My Neighbor ~ I don't know her very well, she keeps to herself, but she makes me happy. Why? Because she's nice and very quiet. Old neighbors were a nightmare!

So there's my ten. I'm not going to tag anyone because those that read my blog make me happy so if your reading this you can consider yourself tagged. :) You can post your ten if you would like or not. Whatever makes you happy!

5 comments:

  1. Aww, shucks, Leslie! Thank you for saying such lovely things about me! You know the feeling is mutual. :)

    I am a bit obsessed with the running thing, huh? ;)

    I love finding stray Reese's too! I actually tried to make homemade candy with peanut butter, pretzels and chocolate. It didn't quite come out right, but I'm working on it. For Valentine's Day. :)

    By the way, I saw on Shelfari that you finished Laura Kinsale's Lessons in French and gave it 5 stars! I'm so happy to see that because it was one of my impulse buys at Borders today! Score!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful things that make you happy! The only shopping I like is shopping for books. Chocolate - yummy. I love sleeping in too!

    Congrats on your award and for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine ~ There are certainly worse thing to be obsessed about At lease running is healthy. :)

    Chocolate with just about anything works for me. You’ll have to let us know how it turns out.

    Excellent impulse buy! I’m a Kinsale fan and am so glad that she’s back. I just hope it’s not 5 years before we get another book from her.


    Alyssa ~ thanks for stopping by. It doesn’t take much to make me happy. Books always work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL at number 10!! :) It's true that having quiet neighbors is a great thing!! :D

    You have a great list and I agree on so many points :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh nath, we've had some horrible neighbors throughout the years so I can really appreciate the good ones. LOL

    ReplyDelete