Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 2010!!!

Happy New Year! Did anyone go to parties and kiss a stranger at midnight? Yeah, me neither. :) We're pretty low key around here. The kids and I stayed up until 2 am. Which is why I was still in my pjs at noon today. :D It's been a lazy morning and nothing more strenuous is planned for the rest of the day but going to the movies to see Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel. I'm still not sure how/why I agreed to go see it. My guess is that one of the boys asked me while I was reading and I said "sure" without realizing what I was agreeing to. That's okay, movie popcorn will be my treat for sitting through a bunch of squeaking chipmunks. I think Alvin and the boys get girlfriends. LOL

Sunday we, dh and me, might go see Sherlock Holmes. Anyone seen it? I've read some good and some okay reviews for it. It looks good but could be the previews are the best parts.

Tomorrow is full of errands and shopping. And reading, always some reading. :) I'll post my favorite reads of 2009 a little later. And Christine has a cool meme up at her blog that I want to do this weekend. Go check it out and do your own post. I think they'll be fun to read. :D

9 comments:

  1. Did see Sherlock Holmes this week - and I really enjoyed it. It's a straight-up, fun popcorn movie. It didn't change my life, but I enjoyed myself while I was sitting in the theater watching it - and honestly it's one of the better movies I've seen in ages. I'll probably buy it when it comes out on DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was supposed to watch Sherlock Holmes during the Christmas weekend and didn't go, so I'm planning to see it this weekend. Let's see if I make it. Today, I'm watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy on DVD, it has become a tradition for me. :)

    I love New Year's eve parties. I go to one every year, but missed out this year-- hubby's sick -- so no dancing for me. (I don't kiss strangers though, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year!

    I didn't go out but stayed up to welcome the New Year. Of course, when the clock struck midnight I wasn't paying attention! When I thought to look at the clock, it was 6 mins after. Lol.

    I saw Sherlock. It was a good movie but, imo, a little slow in the beginning. Overall, enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Happy New Year! Also, Sherlock Holmes was totally fun. I agree with Wendy's commnent. Check it out, esp if you like RDJ!! Or Jude Law. Also, it's visually quite beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy ~ that's exactly what I was hoping for. :)

    Hils ~ I hope your hubby is feeling better and you get to see Sherlock Holmes. :)

    I think the chimpmunks did me in - I fell asleep on the couch after dinner. When I woke up guess what the boys were watching - Lord of the Rings. LOL It was on TNT last night.

    Tabitha ~ LOL I didn't realize it was midnight until the neighbors started shooting off fireworks. :)

    CJ ~ It does sound like a fun movie! The last one dh and I saw together was Star Trek.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Leslie! :D

    We didn't do anything for New Year ^_^; It was actually quite sad at my home, since my dad and I were already asleep :P

    Haven't seen Sherlock yet... not sure I will... although I am craving for popcorn :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year!
    (sorry I'm so late... )

    I wanted to see Avatar in theaters, but since my FIL had his "mini stroke" thing, we've been housebound as he can't be left alone at all. Kind of a bummer, but what are you gonna do?

    Our good friends came over for New Years and we had a nice dinner and dessert, played games, and drank sparkling cider at midnight. They left around 2:30 am and OMG I couldn't WAIT to get into bed.

    I guess you never got around to doing the meme? I'm going to earnestly try to do that every year on Dec. 31. It was so fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christine ~ I hope your FIL is doing better. My mom had surgery last summer and I helped her with her recovery. It's hard when you have to be the caregiver to a parent. But, yeah, you do it because you love them. :)

    Your New Years sounds like the type of evening I enjoy. I don't like going out late at night, especially on New Years. I would much rather stay in and hang with family and friends.

    I finally did the meme. LOL But you'll have to remind me to do it this year okay? :D

    ReplyDelete