Monday, June 20, 2016

This Week's New Releases

Today is the longest day of the year, the Summer Solistic. Which means, if you enjoy reading outside, you had more daylight to enjoying your outside reading nook.  As the summer continues to heat up, you might have to seek the cool of the inside but that won't stop any of us from buying new books!

It looks like it's the week of the contemporary romance! Any historical releases this week? If you have any new releases not on the list, please mention them in comments. :)


I haven't read anything by Ms. Michaels but I do enjoy the second chance romance trope. I find I'm curious to see how this one works out.

Say You'll Stay
Corinne Michaels
Contemporary Romance

One word.
Stay.
It was all he had to do. Instead, he got on that bus and took my heart with him.

That was seventeen years ago.

I moved on. Marriage. Kids. White picket fence. Everything I ever wanted, but my husband betrayed me and I was left once again.

Alone, penniless, and with two boys, I had no choice but to return to Tennessee. He wasn’t supposed to be there. I should’ve been safe. However, fate has a way of stepping in.

This time around, the tables are turned. It’s my decision. Second chances do exist, but I don’t know if we can repair what’s already been broken . . .



I've read a couple of Ms. Sheridan's novels and have always intended to read more... it's that darn TBR pile, always getting in the way. I like the fact the hero is the one who goes through the change from "quiet, sensitive" to "gorgeous, powerful". And I'm curious to know what the heroine did to break his heart.

Ramsay
Mia Sheridan
Contemporary Romance

Lydia De Havilland is shocked when Brogan Ramsay suddenly reappears in her life. Several years before, Brogan was the son of her family's gardener, and the boy she hurt and betrayed. But Brogan is no longer the quiet, sensitive boy she remembers. Now he's a man—gorgeous, powerful . . . and seeking vengeance.

Brogan Ramsay can't let go of the memory of Lydia tricking him cruelly, leaving his heart shattered and his family penniless. And now he's back to destroy her family the way his was destroyed. There's only one problem . . . the girl who wounded him so badly years ago is now a woman who still has the power to render him breathless.

Ramsay is the story of betrayal and wrath, of the strength of regret and the power of forgiveness. It is the story of the thin veil between love and hate, and how more often than not, when we seek to inflict pain on others, the heart we wound is our own.




Let's just take a moment to enlarge the cover, (click on it), and bask in all that luscious ink!

Okay, come back and read the blurb. Sounds good, yes? I love starting over stories and this one looks like both the hero and heroine will be starting over but for different reasons.


Broken
Jordan Silver
Contemporary Romance

Kerryanne Lashley is trying hard to pick up the pieces of her life after suffering a horrible betrayal. Not only did her husband of ten years, her high school sweetheart the man she thought would be hers for a lifetime cheat on her, but he did it with her best friend.

Now she’s taken to hiding herself away in a ratty apartment, which is all she can afford these days.

Kyle Clancy wants out of the little nowhere postcard town as soon as possible. He hadn’t set foot in the place since he was a kid, and the only reason he’s here now is to try to talk his grandpa into moving to the big city since his grandma’s passing.

He had no more interest in a relationship of any kind than Kerryanne did, but one fateful encounter on a sidewalk in the early morning sun would soon set these two on a collision course with destiny.



Well, it wouldn't be a complete list without a book from a series I'm behind on. Although, technically I'm not behind on this series since it's a spin-off, and new adult, of Ms. James' Rough Riders series. Still, it reminds me I need to catch up on the series and add this one to my reading list.

Unbreak My Heart
Lorelei James
New Adult/Contemporary Romance

The right love is worth the wait.

Sierra

Seven years have passed since I fell for Boone West. The brooding bad boy. We were friends, even when I secretly wanted more, but I settled for what he offered. After he left Wyoming--and me--I grew up. Moved on. Or so I believed until he blew back into my life with the scorching force of an Arizona desert wind. 

I'm not that innocent sixteen-year-old girl anymore--I'm a businesswoman who swore never to settle again. But this older, wiser, version of Boone unsettles me. How am I supposed to resist his megawatt smile and his built-army-strong body? Especially when he's inserting himself into every aspect of my life? Now he's determined to prove he can offer me everything that he couldn't before--and he's the only man that can fix the heart that he broke.

Boone

Joining the army? Best decision I ever made. Even though it meant I had to leave her behind. Sierra McKay. The wide-eyed beauty, who saw more in me than I saw in myself. I didn't dare offer her anything more than friendship, because one kiss, one touch and I wouldn't have had the guts to go.

I've worked hard to become the man I am. I have a career. A purpose. After a chance encounter with the one woman I never forgot--I'm not leaving else to chance. Now that I've chased her across three states, I'm ready to demonstrate that the passion we couldn't act on before burns hotter than ever between us. And I'll use every weapon in my arsenal to show Sierra McKay that she's always been mine.




It's a friends-to-lovers, one of my favorite tropes. The blurb doesn't give much away but it does sound like a fun romp!

Man Candy
Melanie Harlow
Contemporary Romance

He’s back. 

Not just back in town, but living in the flat right beneath mine. And he looks good enough to eat, which is just one more reason to stay away from him.

But I can't resist. 

The sex is incredible (pretty sure we’ve shaken the house right off its foundation), but he can’t fool me—not this time. A degree in marketing and five years in advertising have taught me that “true love” is a fairy tale used to sell lipstick, diamonds, and perfume. It doesn’t exist.

He thinks I’m wrong, and he wants to prove it.

I think he’s crazy, so I dare him to try.

It might be the biggest mistake of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment